Sunday, February 20, 2011

Holistic Mentorship Network

The Holistic Mentorship Network, founded by a lovely, forward-thinking soul named Linda, whose vision is "To support and strengthen the holistic profession".   All disciplines of holistic healers are welcomed and encouraged to participate in events, mentor new members and network to strengthen a common goal of providing holistic healing to our communities.  Of course, the HMN mission statement says it so much more succinctly and concisely than I:


To create a unified community of compassionate holistic practitioners that will contribute to enhancing our profession, and ourselves, by providing a supportive space to share, learn, teach, grow and lead."


One glance at the practioner directory and you will see 87+ different healing modalities represented - all trained, certified or licensed practioners.


I mention this, because in fall of 2009, I spent a week studying with famed herbalist Rosemary Gladstar in E. Barre, VT.  In my class were several herbalists from the greater Montpelier area.  I was impressed with how they all worked together to build a more (w)holistic, self-supportive community.


Returning to NJ, I wanted to recreate that sense of commonality and rural support that I felt in Vermont.  I wasn't sure how to do that....   and then I stumbled onto HMN about six weeks later.  I cannot remember exactly how I discovered them - rather, it feels to me like the Holistic Mentorship Network found me!


If you are a holistic practioner, I urge you to check out the Holistic Mentorship Network at http://www.holisticmentorshipnetwork.com/.


(on a cyber housekeeping note:  I had spent about 60 mins crafting a carefully worded blog entry to post about the HMN.  There was apparently some 'hiccup' in cyberspace because when I hit 'Publish' my original draft copy is what posted instead, and my finished, polished, final edition vanished into the electronic ether.  Note to SELF:  Remember to click "Save as Draft" often while creating any entry and/or copy the text before submitting.  You will save yourself from the mind-wrenching aggravation of trying to re-work, reword, recall and recapture the spirit of your original finished piece!  My most humble apologies as this entry pales from the original.  Grrrrrr.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment